Travel in Thailand all year round
Thailand can be travel throughout all season. Each region has their own charm and beauty fluctuate in according each season. You can travel to each region and during each season, to avoid missing the most beautiful moments of the year.
In this article, we will break down the year into different months and giving you the detailed tips on where and when to travel, so explore the months tab above further to start to plan your trip!
Winter: A Season we long for
The weather is quite cool generally during these months, the winter flowers blooming in bright colors. In the northern part of Thailand, you will be able to experience the magnificent sky, beautiful clouds floating in the open mist among the mountains.
Experience the Unique Thailand's Own Sakura Cherry Blossoms (Sakura Doi)
The variety of sakura growing in Thailand is called Wild Himalayan cherry (Prunus cerasoides). Its name in Thai is นางพญาเสือโคร่ง naang phá-yaa sǔea-khrông, which literally means “Tiger Queen.” There are several good places to go see the Tiger Queen flowers blooming:
- Khun Khen Kien or Research Station and Agricultural Training Center of High-tech Kunming. It is a place to visit the flowers of the tiger queen of the north. It will bloom during December to January.
- Khun Luang Royal Agricultural Station Chiang Mai is one of the important royal projects. Not far from Luang Inthanon Agricultural Station.
- Doi Chang - Doi Wawi, Chiang Rai. In addition of flowers watching, one can also taste great Arabica coffee here. It is also known as the largest source of mangrove trees in Thailand.
- Doi Angkhang, Chiang Mai. In addition to the flowers of the Tiger King, you can also visit the winter flowers in the Royal Project. Along with indoor greenhouses. Greenhouse, wild rose, maple, wild maple, bonsai, park, etc. to complete the course.
Travel through Clouds and Fogs in these heavenly Provinces
- Khao Kho Phu Hin Rong Kla Phetchabun Phetchabun.
- Phu Puea Doi Pha Tang Huai Nam Doi Sam Muen Khao Luang Sukhothai Chiang Rai.
- Bung Boraphet, Nakorn Sawan Province, hundreds of thousands of water birds.
- Wat Phraya at Chiang Khan, Loei.
- Doi Kad Mueang, Chiang Rai 360 degree fog (camping).
- Sleeping in the cold mist over the water at Kanchanaburi.
Be there for the Yearly Magical Sunset over the Mekong River
During this day of the year, watch the sun rise on the southeast, and fall in the same direction, while at noon the sun is not in the middle of the head, this natural miracle can be seen at the east of mekong, travel to Vichitra Beach at Khongjiam District, Ubonratchathani Province. Tourists come to see the miracle of nature is a lot at Khongjiam.
Get yourself busy in the Dry Season!
February to March represents the tail end of Thailand's peak Christmas season - the crowds thin out a little, but the weather remains excellent. Everywhere from Bangkok north will see a slight increase in the chance of rain, while in the South the chance of rain will recede even further. Temperatures will remain oscillating around the low 20s to low 30s mark. This duration is ideal for nature walks, watching wildflowers and wildlife to enjoy the beauty of nature.
Watch the Flowers Bloom
- Sacred pink lotus bloom in the thousands in the thousand acres swamp. You can witness this beauty at the lake in Kumphawapi, Udon Thani. You should travel to here by car, then following by a boat ride to middle of the lake. This will only available to be seen during February of each year.
- Phu Kha flowers bloom only a year at Doi Phu Kha, Nan.
- Watch the Millennium Rose Doi Inthanon, Chiang Mai.
- Phang Nga Flower Road, Phayao.
A Walk in Forest walks the soul back home
- Wild bird watching. At Kaeng Krachan National Park, there are variety of white-tailed birds, and "butterly gorge."
- Khao Luang Hill Trek at Nakhon Si Thammarat is considered one of the best trek for jungle trekking as this is the dry season, so the trek is easy to walk and the path is not slippery.
- Sleeping under the millions of stars at Ma Hin Khao, Chalyaphum.
- Visit the World Heritage Site of Kamphaeng Phet at Kamphaengphet Historical Park.
Dive into the Deep Blue Sea
Thailand is a famous destination for diving and snorkeling. It has the crystal clear water with variety of rich sealife.
- Surin Islands, Phang Nga - The beautiful sea with Nemo Fish, tour around the famous / islands around, and be amaze with the natural wonders in the forest and island of Krabi and Similan Islands.
- Koh Tachai, Similan Islands National Park.
- Adang Rawi, Lipe, Tarutao.
Summer of Love in Thailand!
Best time to travel to the sea at the south part of Thailand, included both sides The Phi Phi Islands Trang Sea Islands. Get a perfect vacation by the beach? Or snorkeling at the crystal clear water at its best. Or if you are going to canoeing, then Krabi will be your perfect destination. Or simply just lie down under the sun to enjoy the hot weather.
Get Wet and Wild at the Sea
- Koh Lipe, Satun - This is the "Maldives of Thailand" where you can see endless of beautiful sea and crystal clear water.
- Koh Samet is suitable to take family to relax because it is near Bangkok. And do not miss out on the activities that is suitable for the whole family.
- Krabi - Phi Phi Island: This is the most beautiful sea. The beach is one that you should not to be missed. Be amaze with the magic power of natural creator.
- Samui Island - Island in the Gulf of Thailand: This beautiful island located at Andaman side. Room rates are not very expensive compared to the beautiful scenery it offers. This island is called as the "Heaven in the Gulf of Thailand" by most foreigner.
Immerse yourself in other trips
If you are interested in cultural and heritage tourism, you must pay a visit to Phanom Rung Historical Park. During these months, the park will demonstrate the tradition local life of Phanom Rung people, or go to see jellyfish in fresh water. These wonders rapidly expand themselves under the Mekong River at Ubon Ratchathani, you can find thousands of jellyfish waving to you in fresh water.
Watch the bull in the middle of the forest at Phaya Yen, Nakhonratchasima. If there is rainy season around, you may visit the giant orchids at Aitabhorn, Phetchabun too.
Find the beauty in the Rain
Here the rains started. Nothing is better than adventure yourself in a Canal Trip. Taking a water rafting to see the beauty of the water. Simultaneously the jungle will continue its transition from parched wilderness to lush jungle, or if you like less adventure, just go to watch flowers bloom, picking up a beautiful bouquet in the rain. Watch the flowers bloom in the rainy season.
Watch Wild Forest Flower and Sail on the Down Stream
- Cucumber flower field, Chaiyaphum - Cucumber flower field in Pa Hin Ngam National Park is one of the largest and most beautiful flower field in Thailand, the neighboring scenery areas are worth visiting as well, there are some strange rock formation, which definitely not a miss for the natural lover.
- Thung Salaeng Luang, Phitsanulok - Visit the most beautiful green grass meadow in Thailand.
- Huahin Waterfall in Khao Yai Nakhon Ratchasima
- White Water Rafting in Prachin Buri, Phitsanulok, Mae Klong River, Nan River
- Watch the way of life at Sakae Krang River, Utaithani.
- Unique Water Rafting at Saiyok Waterfall, Kanchanaburi
- Pine forest view with tons of flowers at Phu Soi Dao, Uttaradit.
Enjoy the abundance of the nature and take a hike to lush Forest and Hill
- Doi Inthanon, Chiangmai - See the beauty of nature at it best at this million year ancient green forest
- Mae Klang Luang Thung, Chiang Mai
- Chumphon - Get the best view of the raptor migration.
The Lovely October
October is the month that changes from rain to early winter. One of the most exciting period to visit. Many tourist attractions in Thailand are highlighted in this period. Less rain, cooler temperatures and not too crowded - what more could you want.
Tranquil yourself with the natural beauty of Thailand
- Mae Jam and Mae Klang Luang - See the magical golden terraced paddy rice field in Chiang Mai
- Huai Mae Khamin Waterfall, Kanchanaburi - Where the waterfalls and streams of waterfalls are most beautiful in this period
- Thongphaphum, Kanchanaburi - Go for the birds watching and enjoy the cold breeze among the trees and mist at Thong Pha Phum Forest
- Thung Salang Luang - We suggested to go on a bike tour at Thung Luang Luang, you will experience the mist covered grassland, and immerse yourself among the fields of beautiful flowers to forget about all your problems.
- Does not fancy for a long distances drive? We got something for everyone, let's go for the birds watching by the sea at Bangpoon, Samutprakan. By this season, the seagull fled to Bangpoo to shelter themselves from Winter.
- Phu Kradueng, Ubon Ratchathani - There are unusual trees and flowers not seen elsewhere in Thailand, come enjoy the beauty of this national park.
Cool and not-too-rainy November
Cold winds greets in many areas in Thailand in this month. On November, we can travel all over Thailand from the mountains, the sea, the flowers garden, and there are various festivals falls on this month that are worth a visit and participation!
Meet the lovely natural scenery and experience the local festival!
- Doi Mae U Kho, Mae Hong Son Province - A scenic mountain top with range of the lotus flower and Golden Flower fields which will easily takes your breathe away!
- Feast some luscious lobster, which is the best season to enjoy this seafood at Nakha Canal, Ranong.
- Sam Roi Yot National Park, Prachuab Khiri Khan Province - This is an important habitat for numerous species of birds and other small animals, more than 296 species of birds are visiting this area during migratory periods.
- Loy Krathong Fesival Sukhothai Historical Park - The difference with Sukhothai's celebrations and the rest of Thailand is that Loy Krathong originated in Sukhothai and the historic park makes a spectacular setting when it is lit up. In Sukhothai the Loy Krathong tradition of placing floating lanterns in water is also carried out. There is a long boat race and the festival of Phimai.
- If you are a biker or cycling lover, we suggest you take a bike tour to Mae Hong Son or Pai. Province to immerse yourself among the golden lotus flower field!